Medicaid Application Assistance
What is Medicaid?
If a resident is approved for nursing home Medicaid, his/her outlay is based on personal income. This amount is determined by the Department of Human Services (DHS).
The State Medicaid plan pays for the following:
- Room and Board
- Specialized rehabilitation services
- Basic personal laundry services
- Payment to hold bed up to ten days when patient is discharged to the hospital
Services not paid for under the state plan include:
- Private room accommodations
- Medicaid Application Assistance
Nursing home Medicaid requires both a financial and medical approval. Financial requirements are assessed by Hamilton County DHS on an individual basis. Because the application process can sometimes be complicated, HCSP provides employees an in-house Medicaid specialists to assist you with the process. Listed below are some of the minimum financial eligibility requirements.
- Monthly income (SSA, VA, pension, etc.) must be less than $2,382.
- Resources (assets) (stocks, bonds, investments, life insurance policies, bank accounts, etc.) cannot total more than $2,000.
- A home with or without property is considered an asset that can be liquidated and used to pay for.
- A five year look-back period will be conducted to identify sold/transferred assets that could be considered a resource.